Sunday, July 30, 2006

Friday Night Encounter

I had a strange encounter Friday night...I was driving on Plank Road, going towards Greenwood and got stopped at the light by the 17th St. Sheetz. An SUV pulled up beside me with two girls in it. I made eye contact with one of them, and then looked away. These situations always make me a little uncomfortable. What am I supposed to do? Start shouting across traffic?

Well, I guess that IS what you're supposed to do, because a moment later, I heard their window go down and somebody shout "Excuse me, what kind of radio do you have?". Now I have a Sirius satellite hookup that shows the name of the song and band in brigher lights than in Vegas, so she must have seen that. Well, it turns out that "she wants one", "she's jealous of me", "it's so cool"...oh, and "do you want my number?" By this time, I had deduced that these ladies were probably about 19. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 19, but I've made a rule with myself that 21 is the minimum. So, at this point, I'm skeptical.

So, by now the light as turned green and we're driving on Plank Road, and she's shouting her number out the window. I had no way to write it down, so I promptly forgot it. It started with a 9 if somebody wants to try to figure it out....Oh and her name was Dee, but I'm not sure because by that time we were doing 45 and the wind was whipping pretty good. They turned off, I turned off later, and that was it.

Ok, throwing all the age crap aside, these girls were fairly decent looking, with the driver being more my type than the passenger. I had no conversation with the driver, just he passenger. So, given the proper situation--at a bar (not the highway) with girls old enough to remember the Reagan administration--what is the proper way to move from a girl to her friend? You've been talking to one girl, but you REALLY want to be talking to her friend. Is there a tactful way to pull that off? Or do you just screw tact, and blow the first girl off? Or do you just give up, and get a good drunk on?

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Wow, you really hate the church volleyball thing...

In hind-sight, I should have done exactly as you said. You are so wise, seahawk400.

Aaron likes it when people hit on his wife.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

No offense taken. Next time, I'll try to get both girls, but if they aren't into that sort of thing, I'll let you have one.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

You better start off slow Mike & just try for one girl at a time!! But seriously you can't, absolutely can NOT hook up with girl #1 & then move on to her friend, girl #2. First off, this would cause bitter feelings between the friends. If girl #2 was a good friend she wouldn't do that to her friend to begin with. But if she did & then when it doesn't work out with you, she has no friends & no man. Come on, that's just common sense & common courtesy...of course I am talking to a man here, so do me a favor & go back & read this again...slower this time! I think you just better forget about Dee & move on to the next teenager that screams out the window at you!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Hey don't ever forget the Half-Seven's rule. Divide your age in half, add seven and that is the minimun age you can hook up with. Odds get better as you get older . . .

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home