Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dynasty

For the 3rd year in a row, my team has taken home the volleyball championship....Ok, church volleyball championship. Not quite so impressive now, huh? When I started playing about 10 years ago, there were a lot of good teams. Teams would play "real volleyball"--pass, set, spike--and it was usually a toss-up between 5-6 teams. You actually had to be a decent player to have a chance.

Lately though, my team, Holy Trinity (there's a name that will put fear in your hearts), has dominated. We're the only team that plays "real volleyball" consistently, so we basically just beat up on young kids and old ladies. Pretty pathetic, huh? The things I have to do for an ego boost....

Anyway, we finished the year with a 32-1 record, and won our 4th title in 6 years. So, congratulations to Jamie, Megan, Steve, Ben, Craig, David and myself for proving that God likes Catholics the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home