Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mr. Clean

I haven't been blogging lately because I've been too busy getting ready for my second annual summertime bash this weekend. So for those of you who would rather read my stupid blog then come drink copious amounts of beer at my place, then I apologize. Otherwise, just bear with me.

So getting ready for a party involves massive amounts of cleaning. Last year it wasn't bad, since I had just moved in and hadn't had much time to dirty the place up. Now that I've been here for a whole year (and had a roommate the last 2 months), there's a little more work involved. And yes, I have cleaned it since my last party.

I've been working non-stop since I got home at 5:00 today--cleaning, mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, shopping, etc., and I am exhausted. So far, I have received very little help from my brother. Now to be fair, he works 2 jobs, and doesn't have too many hours to help. But, at least 50% of the mess is his, so he should help a little.

His theory though, is "They know we're slobs." Which is missing the entire point. First of all, I don't consider myself a slob. I'm by no means a neat freak, but my house was always fairly clean until he moved in. Secondly, the whole purpose of cleaning the house is to fool people into thinking that we are NOT slobs. This is the first time that most of my coworkers have ever visited my place, and I'd like to leave a good impression. So, contrary to what my brother thinks, this is not going to be some wild and crazy college party. If I catch anyone pissing in my living room, I will punch them in the nuts (or the ovaries), then kick you out.

But I shouldn't worry though, because my brother is going to "turn into a machine" Saturday morning to help get ready for this party. Now I have a few problems with that. One, he works Friday night, so he probably won't wake up until about noon. Two, like myself, he plans to start drinking as soon as he wakes up. So I don't know how much serious work he is going to do on Saturday.

I took tomorrow off to finish getting everything ready myself. I have the entire upstairs (encluding the bathroom) to clean, some laundry to do, and some odds and ends to finish outside. And I still haven't bought beer yet, since all the master distributors close at 5:00.

So, if any of you come to my party on Saturday, I'll either be drunk or dead. Either way, please take your shoes off before walking on the carpet....I just cleaned it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs DeCap said...

Hey Mr Clean,
I am sorryI can't make the party. Surely will be missing an awesome time. Hooray for the man who is not afraid to pick up a toliet bowl brush and scrub. Please e-mail me a picture.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

A picture of the party or the toilet bowl?

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home