Sunday, August 13, 2006

What Happens Under the Tree, Stays Under the Tree

Well, the party as come and gone, and I must say it was another rousing success. I always get nervous before any party that I throw that people aren't going to enjoy themselves, there won't be enough food, etc. But everything went really well.

My brother and I woke up around 10:00 and went to work doing last minute preperation. We were rushing because our plan was to start drinking as early as possible. We finished up everything around 2:00, just about the time that my family (minus mom) showed up. We all sat on the back deck, and I got to hang out and drink beer with my Dad....one of my favorite things to do. Matt and I started pounding drinks, and he started construction on a Rolling Rock pyramid, which stood at 18 cans this morning. For some stupid reason, I decided that I wanted to be drunk before the first guests arrived. Mission accomplished...

After that, my memories are kind of snapshots in time....Mike from work brought his wife and 2 young sons, who I proceeded curse around for 2 hours.....Lindsay, Kelly and myself playing nose flute upstairs......work stories.....my Mom not being pleased that 2 of her sons were that drunk.....trying to get information on the girl Junior is trying to hook me up with.....Dylan, aka Rocket Scientist, aka Dwight showing up unexpectedly......"What happens under the tree, stays under the tree".....Dylan climbing a tree.......Lindsay calling Matt gay and Matt making horrible spousal abuse jokes about her.....it goes on and on.

So other than having way too much beer left over (I have almost 5 cases), everything went really well. Some people who said they were going to be there, didn't show up, which is cool.....except for the one who knew all along she wasn't going to come, but still said she was.

Now the worst part about any party is the clean-up. Especially when you're hungover. I was not in good shape this morning. Matt actually went into work at 4:30AM, and I don't know how he did it. I pretty much didn't move until 3:30, other than trips to the bathroom, where I did #1, #2 AND #3 to expunge all the alcohol from my system....not fun. I finally got my ass off the couch and cleaned up all the chairs, tables, etc. and drove them up to my parents. Matt and I finished off the rest when he got home, and house is now back to normal.

So to all you who were here, thanks for coming. It was a great time. Mark it on your calendar...second Saturday in August next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

I'll be there again. It was one heck of a party, I must say. Memories for a lifetime (and then some)!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Yeah, I think I'm busy that day...just kidding! I wouldn't miss it. But next time, I'll drink less so I don't have to obviously avoid people or ask so many questions on Monday morning. Great party!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Mrs DeCap said...

I hate being out of the loop, man I wish I was back at the help desk this morning!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home