Monday, February 12, 2007

NetFlix

On the advice of friends and family, I recently signed up for a NetFlix account. For those of you who don't know, NetFlix is an online video rental store. You pick the movies you want, put them in a queue, and depending on your subscription plan, they send you 1-3 at a time. When you are finished, you return them and they send you the next one on your list....Or so I thought.

I started off my queue with seasons 2 and 3 of Nip/Tuck. My brother got me hooked on the show, and I'm trying to catch up on the past seasons before I watched the season 4 episodes I recorded this year. Well, after a few episodes from season two, I got tired of waiting 2-3 days for the next disc, so I went out and "acquired" the rest of season 2 on my own. I then moved a movie to the top of my list, just to change things up.

Well, apparently NetFlix didn't believe that I wanted another movie, so they sent me another episode of season 2, which I immediately sent back. I then went back in and deleted all the season 2 discs from my queue. Ok, now I should get my movie. Nope, NetFlix has apparently penetrated my subconscious and learned that I really want the first disc from season 3.

What the F*** is going on? What in the hell kind of sh*tty queue is this? Basically, I'm spending $10 a month to watch movies I may or may not want to see. I should just go get a girlfriend and take her to the movies. I might end up seeing a good action flick or a crappy romantic comedy, but at least I might get lucky at the end of the night....

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

I pay a little more for Blockbuster online, but I always get the movies I want and have never had a problem. You should have signed up with Blockbuster!! And besides you live so close to Blockbuster, you can return the movie to the store or in the mail.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I still have yet to have an issue with my Netflix account. Although I also am not queuing up past episodes of Nip/Tuck. But like you said, the girlfriend thing would probably be the way to go. Not that I would know though . . .

8:38 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

i too have blockbuster account. The best part is being able to walk into the store with two movies pick out another two and pay nothing more. And from my own experience as soon as they check them in at the store your next two ship out almost immediately.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home