Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote for Pedro

I cannot wait for this week to be over. Sure, it will be nice to not have to go to work for a few days and watch some football on the weekend. But I'll be happy when this election is over. While I am interested in politics, my good friend and fellow genius Kelly hit the nail on the head today when she said that elections do nothing but make people angry and argumentative.

And when people get angry, they say dumb things. Here's my list of the dumbest political things I've heard people I know say:

7) "If Bush wins, I'm going to kill myself" - Yeah. That's an appropriate response
6) "I'm very disappointed in Pennsylvanians. I'm thinking about moving out of the state" (said after Kerry carried the PA vote in 2004) - Similar to the last one, don't you think this might be a little bit of an overreaction? Especially considering Bush won the election
5) "I never would have guessed you're one of THEM. You just don't look like a Democrat" (said to me by someone after finding out my political affiliation) - I'm sorry. From now on, I'll wear my Donkey tie and my liberal bonnet to avoid any confusion.
4) "Say no to Kokoskie" (sign put up in reference to the race between Camille "Bud" George (D) and Richard Hansel (R)) - This makes sense. Let's put up a sign slamming someone who's not even in the race. That would have been like John Kerry running an anti-Dwight Eisenhower campain.
3) "Nucular" - I have to throw this in. Would somebody please tell President Bush the correct pronunciation of the word 'nuclear'
2) "You didn't vote, so you have no right to comment on politics" - I didn't vote on American Idol, but does that mean I can't say that Clay Aiken is a fruit?
1) "I'll be ok if Santorum and Swann lose. The Bible says (something about God allowing/choosing people to be kings)." - Follow me on this one: If this is true, then there is no free will. God is choosing our leaders. If God is choosing our leaders, then God chose Hitler. If God chose Hitler, he must hate Jews. If God hates Jews, the Mel Gibson must be right. If Mel Gibson is right, the apocolypse is upon us and this election really doesn't matter.

So happy election everyone. Don't say anything dumb, or you'll make my list next year. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy coverage of the Virginia's Goode-Weed House race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home