Monday, October 23, 2006

Why Are People So Selfish and Jealous That They Ruin Things For Everyone?



The original title of this post was going to be "Why Do Women C*ck-Block?", but my friend/editor Lindsay made me have a change of heart. I guess it is unfair to categorize all women as C-Blockers, and men could certainly fall into that category as well (though from my experience, its always women). Also, "C-Block" has a sexual connotation (Lindsay thinks its vulgar), so we'll stick with "Ruin Things For Everyone".

Now that that is out of the way, back to my question...why do people do this? For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, let me give you the scenario...Person A is a female. She goes out with her friend, Person B, who is also a female. Person A meets Person C, who is a male (or female if she's into that sort of thing), and the sparks start to fly. Person B then, for whatever reason, does everything in her power to keep Person A from doing anything with Person C. Everybody have it now? Good.

The usual reason that is given for this is that Person B is just "looking out for her friend." Good for you. How chivalrous. But where the f*ck do you come off thinking that you know what is good or bad for that person? What kind of pathological disorder do you have that puts you on that big of an ego trip? Look at you, you're the puppet master!!! Dance, puppets!! Dance!!

Let's get real. The reason people do this is because they are flat out selfish and/or jealous. When they go out, they want all the attention, and when someone else gets it, they get pissed off. Look, I understand. I've been out with my brother many of times where some girl has picked up on him and not me. It sucks. But do I intervene and ruin it for him?? NO!! Good for him. He lived with me for a summer, and he could have brought anyone back to my house (short of a member of the Manson family) and I wouldn't have cared. He never did, but I would have been happy for him.

So, for those of you who think you might be Person B, and don't know what to do in that situation, follow my lead: Recently, I went out with 2 friends, a guy and a girl. As the night progressed, they started hitting it off and were kind of doing their own thing. That left me all by myself. So what did I do?? Absolutely nothing. I let them do their thing, and I did mine. Are these 2 people going to get married? No. Could they end up regretting this someday? Maybe. But my take is to let everyone make their own choices in life. If they wanted my opinion, they would ask me. But until then, they can do whatever they want.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Wait just a minute...I am NOT friend "A" in this situation!!!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home