Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Where the Hell Have I Been? (part 2)

Ok, so now we're up to Friday...

Friday-I had to work on what is probably the most pointless day of the year. First of all, nobody is there. There were 5 people (including me) in my department. Second, its like a Monday and a Friday all rolled into one. You don't want to do anything in the morning, because you just got back and you don't feel like doing anything in the afternoon, because its almost the weekend. So I struggled through the day, came home, and prepared to fulfill my promise to go out. Going out in Houtzdale is fun every so often....like once a year. Its a novelty. If you go to often, it gets old because its the same people doing the same things every week. First, you have the young crowd, who all act like they've never drank before. (Although it was fun watching the guy who just turned 21, sitting at the bar repeating "F*ck your couch, Charlie Murphy" all night). Then you have the old, trashy crowd, who all are wishing they were 21 again. Oh, and did I mention that they are all hideous? Plus, I got myself into some pretty awkward situations: My brother's ex-girlfriend grinding on me and walking into an apparent drug-deal in the bathroom. But, with a little help from my friend (alcohol), I survived the night.

Saturday-I woke up late (after 11) and went out to help my dad decorate the house. It's tradition that we do this the Saturday after Thanksgiving and this was the first time we've ever done it in temperatures about 12 degrees. This was also the first time we haven't harassed my dad to the point where he flips out and calls us a "bunch of flaming a-holes". Either he's getting mellow in his old age, or we're losing our touch. After that, I went to Philipsburg to get some Chinese food. Chinese food is always an adventure, because its my experience that you have about a 70-30 chance of them actually getting your order right. The guy behind the counter never writes anything down, and even though you're reeling off a list of 70 items, he just looks at you and says "Okay" after each item. Then he goes to the back, fries up a cat, and puts some sauce on it. So maybe it doesn't matter. Anyway, he got my order right, so that means I'm screwed next time. I came back to Altoona later that night and watched Notre Dame, the most overrated team in the country, get their asses kicked by USC.

Sunday-I tuned in for the first 5 minutes of the Steeler game and quickly turned it off. This year blows for football. Florida State is horrible (though we finally got rid of Jeff Bowden) and the Steelers make me want to puke. So I'm just waiting for basketball to get in gear. Luckily, I found curling on NBC, which is quickly moving up my ladder of favorite sports to watch. There is not a lot of action, but the strategy/skill factor in the game is awesome. I think they should replace all remaining Steelers games with curling match-ups, because at this point, they are equally meaningless. My parents then called that night to request a Christmas list, and it was then that I realized that I don't really like Christmas anymore. It was a lot more fun when you were a kid, and all you did was put together a list of the thousand toys you want, and then you waited around for Santa to bring them. Now though, I have to get "practical" gifts, not to mention decorate the house, figure out what to buy everyone else, go shopping etc. Call me Scrooge, but I liked Christmas a lot better when it was all about receiving and not giving.

So that was pretty much my weekend. Hopefully, I can get back in the groove and have some fairly regular posts in the future. Of course, now I have all this damn Christmas stuff to do, so who knows....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey can you give me your user name and password, because i'm sick of this not being updated!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home