Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Where the Hell Have I Been?

Yes, its been a while since I've posted anything meaningful. I don't have a lot of cool things going on right now (like a haunted house or a fancy new gaming system), so I've been struggling with things to write about. So I figured, F it. I'll just tell you what I did over the last week in excruciating detail:

Tuesday- Worked all day, went to the gym, and was just settling in for a night of NCAA Football, when my friend Rebo called to see if I wanted to go bowling. Since I only had one more day of work until Thanksgiving, I figured what the heck. So we went, and I bowled like crap. I had a chance for a 200 my first game (I had 193 going into my last throw), but I threw a horrendous shot and ended up with a 198, which just pissed me off for the rest of the evening. As we were leaving, Rebo mentioned that he was having a party out at his place at Penn State-Altoona and he invited me over. Again, since I only had one day left till vacation, I figured I go out for a little bit. When I got there, everyone was in the midst of a giant beer pong game. Now I hadn't played beer pong since I graduated college in 2002, so it took some coaxing to get me to play. After losing the first two games, Rebo and I got in the groove and my plans of leaving early that night went out the window. Between 12:00 and 1:30 we didn't lose a single game, so of course I couldn't leave while I was on fire. Thankfully, we were just playing for fun and didn't have to drink, otherwise I wouldn't have made it to work the next day, much less made it home that night. I left around 1:45, and as I was leaving a girl who I had hung out with a few weeks ago made me promise to go out on Friday night. Since good-looking females have a strange, voodoo hold over me, I could not turn her down, and spent the next 3 days regretting it.

Wednesday-I somehow made it out of bed and into work. Even more surprising, I made it through the day and was even fairly productive. After work, I rushed up to Houtzdale to get a physical for work. My company pays $200 if you get a physical every year (minus taxes, of course), so its worth it. I found out that nobody, including doctors, wants to work the day before Thanksgiving, as I had probably the quickest physical ever. I could have a serious disease and my die next week, and I wouldn't know. I then went to my parents' house to have some dinner. They informed me that my grandmother would be bringing a friend of hers, who I had never met, to Thanksgiving dinner the next day. Ok, that was odd. They then told me that they had also invited a bunch of other people who didn't have much going on that day. What the hell is going on? Are my parents running sort of "Nevling Make-A-Wish" foundation? "It's always been my dream to have a family to spend the holidays with..." Luckily, everyone else declined. My dad then informs me that while my grandmother's friend is there, we cannot discuss suicide. Apparently, her son recently killed himself. That's a tragic situation, and I feel for the lady, but my siblings and I couldn't help making light of it. I mean, was it really necessary for my dad to say this? I've been through 26 Thanksgivings now, and I cannot remember a single one that the main topic of discussion was throwing ourselves off a bridge, or sticking our heads in the oven.

Thursday-Turkey Day!!! The Nevling men carried on our yearly tradition (although my cousins tried to ruin it for us last year with their stupid "seating arrangement" game) of watching football. Ok, I understand and can appreciate that it is tradition for the Lions to play on Thanksgiving day. But can we at least get an equally horrible team to play them, so we can maybe get a good game?? How about the Cardinals?? Maybe even Temple? Wait, how about the Mo Valley powder-puff team?? After that game, we ate dinner and I proceeded to completely gorge myself. Yes, I am a total pig on Thanksgiving. I probably had more food than all the women (there were 5 of them) combined. I then somehow was able to stay awake long enough to make it back to Altoona for work the next day.

Ok, I've been typing for a very long time now, so I'll have to pick this up tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home