Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Failure

I'm starting to think that I may be a failure. We all set goals for ourselves, right? And if we constantly come up short on achieving these goals, then we could be considered failures, correct? And what if we consistantly set the same goal, and fail to accomplish it over and over again?

Well, I set the same goal for myself every day. As a matter of fact, it's the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning. I think "Today is the day I'm going to do this." Every morning on my trip from the bed (or couch depending on where I fall asleep) to the bathroom, I tell myself, "Michael, you have to get to bed earlier tonight." Do I ever accomplish this? NO!! I fail to do this day in and day out, all year long. So, on a quantitative basis, if I fail at a single task 365 times a year, I might be a failure.

Maybe I should try for something I know I can do. Like tie my shoes or something....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

See you're looking at this all wrong. You need to be more positive & say "I successfully stayed up late 365 days this year!!!" Don't be so negative all the time.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

It was once said, "Set your goals very low. You may just acheive something!" Okay, I actually made that up in college. Along with this one: "If at first you don't succeed, maybe it just wasn't meant to be."

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home